[Libreoffice] Integration of patches/dev300/apply's patches and release schedule

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Nov 29 13:20:53 PST 2010

Hi Kami,

On Sun, 2010-11-28 at 20:34 +0100, KAMI911 KAMI911 wrote:
> Can you explain me what patches will got to git tree in the timeframe
> of libreoffice-3-3 release and int the future? When rawbuild will take
> over the simple build? How patches will added from apply file?

	Well - we should be dropping the 'build' module shortly for most people
(but probably not distributors) wrt. migrating patches from there - we
are really trying to get them all merged into the code flat - this is by
far the easiest, and most preferred option. We want fewer and fewer
patches in the 'apply' file, and to drop that infrastructure - that is
the goal at least.

	Of course, to avoid regression, we will continue to ship with some of
the patches in apply until 3.4 (I suspect).

> Also let me know the release status and schedule fro 3.3.

	Oh - we are about to go into deep code freeze, and only-with-co-review
thing for RC1 of 3.3 so - if you need things in, they need to go in
fast :-)

	HTH,

		Michael.