[Libreoffice] Remove duplicate 'placeholder' icons

Joachim joachim.tremouroux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 14:26:22 PST 2010

Hi everybody,

On 11/26/2010 08:42 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
>>          Where ImageList::GetImage is called
>>          from, I don't know, we should audit that too...
> $ grep _ZNK9ImageList8GetImageERKN3rtl8OUStringE */unxlngi6.pro/slo/*
> Binary file framework/unxlngi6.pro/slo/imagemanagerimpl.o matches
> Binary file sfx2/unxlngi6.pro/slo/imgmgr.o matches
> Binary file sfx2/unxlngi6.pro/slo/module.o matches
> Binary file sfx2/unxlngi6.pro/slo/styfitem.o matches
> Binary file sfx2/unxlngi6.pro/slo/templdlg.o matches
> Binary file vcl/unxlngi6.pro/slo/image.o matches
>
> 	And we have five real hits :-) of course, we need to find the relevant
> modules that produced those object files - but hopefully it narrows it
> down a bit ?

Nice trick! It reminds me things I used to perform a few years ago. 5
years programming in Java makes a man lazy...

Ok, on my side I have more hits, don't know why.

$ grep _ZNK9ImageList8GetImageERKN3rtl8OUStringE */unxlngx6.pro/slo/* |
wc -l
-> 95 matches...

I concentrated in this one:
framework/unxlngi6.pro/slo/imagemanagerimpl.o as it looks used by some
central configuration code:

 From the opengrok site, ImageManagerImpl is used in
- ImageManager, used in UIConfigurationManager.
- ModuleImageManager, used in UIModuleConfigurationManager.

This piece of code is called to load icons related to toolbars.
The patch attached allows to fallback on a default icon for a toolbar item.

Here is the test I have done:
Add the 'About Libre Office' entry to the standard toolbar, using an
existing icon.
in ~/.libreoffice/.../lc_imagelist.xml there is the following entry:
<image:entry image:bitmap-index="0" image:command=".uno:About"/>

I replace .uno:About by .uno:AboutFoo, I restart soffice and the default
icon is now loaded for the About button :-)

So basic scenario looks ok. Some other tests I should do?

Regards,
Joachim.