[Libreoffice] Some more features...

camille.moulin at free.fr camille.moulin at free.fr
Thu Oct 7 09:29:29 PDT 2010

Hi Michael,*
----- "Michael Meeks" <michael.meeks at novell.com> a écrit :
[...]
> On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 16:54 +0200, camille.moulin at free.fr wrote:
[...]
> > I have started formalizing my
> > arguments in favour of this change there :
> > http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/User:Camillem/aboutFramework#Read_Only_files_should_be_open_in_R.2FW_mode
>
> 	This is more useful; lets whack it in the new LibreOffice wiki when
> it comes on-line though; generating consensus with Oracle on the topic
> is (most likely) an expensive, draining and un-necessary experience :-)

Hum, I think it's worth trying. I like all the Sun/Oracle people i've met :-)

[...]
> 	So - I suspect that the writer read-only mode is at least a little
> complex. AFAIR there are forms with fields in that can be filled on
> (ie.
> edited) in 'read-only' mode - yet the document itself cannot be
> edited:

Right. Thanks for the hint.

> but (quite possibly) this is some other read-only / document locked
> type state that we could express differently.

Yep. Just insert a section, protect it. And Bob's your uncle. It's even more reliable and you can also add a password to enforce the protection. I guess there must be specific workflows that still escape this solution, but I'm confident we'll manage to solve them.

Cheers,
Camille