[Libreoffice] splitrepos query

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Thu Oct 7 14:26:44 PDT 2010

Hi Caolan,

On 2010-10-07 at 15:22 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:

> Would *splitting* an existing dir/module across two repos would be a
> real pain or trivial ?, e.g. moving say just part of the "java" dir of
> libs-core/scripting out of from "libs-core/scripting" into something
> like extensions/scriptingproviders
>
> I've no immediate need to do that, just curious if it's a trivial or
> difficult thing to achieve.

I need to add support for that to the hg -> git conversion tool rather
sooner than later anyway (thinking of creating kde-integration, and
gnome-integration repos, so that we can build the kde/gnome things
separately), but it won't be really straightforward - when such a move
between repos happens, I'll always need to update the repo layout for
the subsequent merges from OOo.

Regards,
Kendy