[Libreoffice] [SCRIPT, EASYHACK] "add-modelines", a script to add modelines to source files

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Mon Oct 11 00:30:41 PDT 2010

> as well. It was the vim one at the bottom I was interested in. I don't
> think (though I'm open to correction) that emacs reads mode lines unless
> they are the start of the file, so those lines don't do anything.

See http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Specifying-File-Variables.html#Specifying-File-Variables

There are two different ways to specify "local variables" to be used in a buffer visiting a file:

Either, on the first line, between "-*-" separators a set of variable:value pairs, separated with semicolon (and whitespace).

Or, near the end of the file, on several lines, after a line containing "Local Variables:" up to a line containing "End:", each line containing a variable:value pair. Prefixes and suffixes identical to those on the "Local Variables:" and "End:" line are automatically stripped.

--tml