[Libreoffice] Address Books

Thu Oct 21 00:20:15 PDT 2010

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 06:09:03 -0700, Joseph Powers <jpowers27 at cox.net> wrote:
> I'm working on trying to isolate all the Moz Driver code out of the seamonkey source so it can be build with seamonkey disabled. I'd also like to update the code something a little more modern like v2ish of seamonkey (I'm going to look into Thunderbird's code and see if it uses seamonkey's address book code).

I just compiled current LibO on Linux and I also see the THunderbird
address book connection. I select it and what I get when trying to save
the database is a dialog box saying:

  "The connection to the data source "new database" could not be
  established. No Mozilla/Seamonkey Address Book exists."

I do have a current thunderbird address book, so something goes very
wrong on Linux also. Can we please just rip out that seamonkey hog and
replace it with a connectivity driver that works when someone has the
need for it?

Sebastian