[Libreoffice] Image Compression Patch

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Sun Oct 24 13:07:32 PDT 2010

Hi Andrew,

On 2010-10-22 at 11:47 +0100, Andrew C. E. Dent wrote:

> I've finished the process of lossless optimization for the
> default_images pack.
> The archive is available here:
> http://people.bath.ac.uk/ea2aced/OOo/default_images.zip

$ du -hs --apparent-size default_images.save/
6,3M	default_images.save/
$ du -hs --apparent-size default_images
4,8M	default_images

Nice! :-)  Thank you a lot!

To check that everything is still the same, I created a script that
checks 2 directories (original icons, and the optimized ones), converts
the png's to xpm's and checks them for differences:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/tree/bin/check-artwork.sh

Unfortunately, some of the icons differed - please see the attached
list; I did not commit/push those, only the ones that were the same.

Can you please check what was wrong?  I eg. see that
svx/res/lightfromleft_22.png has originally a transparent background,
but the optimized version has gray background.

> I'd be most grateful if you could get this checked in to the
> repository.

Done :-) - with the exception of the attached list.

Thank you a lot,
Kendy