[Libreoffice] PATCH - change default KDE from 3 to 4

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Oct 25 09:19:29 PDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-25 at 15:37 +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> > 	My ideal is to have neither an enable or disable flag for any of the
> > optional pieces: KDE3 / KDE4 / GNOME etc. - but have a default of
> > auto-detection, so we only build if they are there.
>
> I disagree. Even if you had auto-detection you still need those
> options to *explicitely* en/dissable the features. There's reasons
> you want to build without that stuff even when present.

	Ah ! you mistake me; for the developers profile (the default build) we
should simply pass no configure option - and the default there should be
to auto-detect.

> Everything auto-detected is a sure way to break

	Certainly - so packagers should explicitly pass --enable-foo or
--disable-foo depending on what they want, and if foo is not there it
should then break horribly :-)

	Surely that doesn't create problems for distros ? [ it is easy to add
the explicit flags to the distro configs ]

	HTH,

		Michael.