[Libreoffice] Questions about SDK.

Giuseppe Castagno giuseppe.castagno at acca-esse.eu
Wed Oct 27 03:55:02 PDT 2010

Hi all,

after building a LibO dev installation package, I installed the lot and
the corresponding SDK, just to have a look at it.

It appears there are some issue, or so it seems to me, to be addressed.

Generally speaking, when I try to install it, it tries to use OOo 3
installation whereas I can force the LibO one, but then it overwrites an
existing OOo 3 sdk local installation.
Possibly playing havoc with the concurrent OOo 3 sdk installation
instead of building a new one.

The IDL documentation generated during LibO build time points to OOo
DevGuide on the OOo wiki.

The OOo DevGuide will then points back to IDL api on OOo web sites then,
so confusing matters a litte...

So my questions:

1) about the documentation: this is a complicated matter, since the LibO
API, hence the IDL doc, may have different material, so some decision
should be made on what to do.
Or a decision was already made and I missed it.

2) the installation step: I'm not sure if it work; at a first try
forcing manually the auto-detected installation directory seems ok, but
the user environment for LibO ends up in the same directory as OOo so
may be some small adjusting is needed.

Besides it would be interesting to see if the user IDL declaration are
compiled and registered in the API database.
A somehow lengthly process.

Is there someone checking this? If not, then I'm willing to give a hand,
may be I'll learn something new, though I'll limit the checking to Java;
since on C++ I never did anything on the OOo SDK side.

beppec56

--
Kind Regards,
Giuseppe Castagno