[Libreoffice] SW_DLLPUBLIC limitations ...

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Wed Oct 27 06:21:55 PDT 2010

> The question (for
> Tor) is - if we have a __declspec(dllexport) on two identical symbols in
> two shared libraries that link to each other: will we get some vile
> linking conflict ? [ or not ] ;-)

As far as I could see by experimenting, yes, as long as you from a DLL don't both import and export a symbol with the same name, it should work.

Possibly using some clever tricks or useful options to the linker it might be possible to make the linker create a DLL that both imports a certain symbol from another DLL, and also exports the same symbol.

(If just you manage to create such a DLL, using it should not be problematic... After all, to the run-time linker, there should be nothing confusing going on.)

But of course, without actually trying, and considering C++ is involved, take all the above with a large grain of salt.

--tml