[Libreoffice] First build error: segmentation fault on vcl

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Oct 29 03:00:48 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 11:56 +0200, Jesús Corrius wrote:
> but I have a couple of questions about it:
>
> 1. We basically have two options here: use _STL::remove or
> ::std::remove. My first version of the patch was using _STL::remove,
> but I think the plan is to get rid of STLPort in the future, so the
> second option would be better.

Yes use std::remove/::std::remove. stlport redefines "stl" to be "_STL"
which is why that symbol name might appear in warnings or linker time
errors. Avoid "_STL" if at all possible :-)

> 2. I can make the changes for all platforms or just put it inside some
> ifdefs. In the later case, we are sure that nothing will break.

Nah, I say avoid the ifdefs if possible. I don't mind picking up a few
temporary build-time breakages which are quick and easy to fix with some
extra includes of namespacing rather than end up with masses of ifdefs.

C.