[Libreoffice] build or rawbuild dir?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Oct 29 13:41:26 PDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 19:34 +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> Jani Monoses píše v Pá 29. 10. 2010 v 17:49 +0300:
> > This page describes building in the topmost dir
> > http://www.documentfoundation.org/develop/
> > whereas the wiki-page example changes to rawbuild before.
> >
> > Which one is recommended? I have been building from topmost dir so
> > far.
>
> rawbuild/ is recommended for development, because you have the git
> tracking there - you are easily able to generate patches that way.

	But - of course, I use the mechanism that is recommended on the
web-site, and that is tested by most of our beginners, and is known to
work well ;-) [ ie. build/libreoffice-* ] - and yes it is deadly
annoying.

	The screwed up situation of having these two places to build, two
different conflicting makefiles with different rules etc. needs to be
cleared up ASAP - post the branch / freeze over the weekend, this needs
to be one of the first things we fix I think.

	Hopefully the situation will not persist indefinitaely, since it works
for me without problems, I'd personally recommend the web-site page
approach :-) manifestly it has only four simple steps: autogen,
download, make, bin/ooinstall ...

	HTH,

		Michael.