[Libreoffice] A couple of entry level tasks

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Wed Sep 29 00:39:03 PDT 2010

> They were mostly machine translated,

Hmm, I don't think that is a good approach, there is too great risk that the comment is even harder to understand if it is badly machine translated. (Some of us do know some German, some even speak it natively, so the German comments aren't totally useless.)

Also, while translating German comments, one can drop the parts that just give an author initials and timestamp. Also references to bug numbers that are in some old Sun (or StarDivision) internal system and not publicly visible can be dropped. Sorry, yes, that means more work to check if a bug number refers to a public OO.o issue or not.

So for example this change is not really useful

-        // Bug 26675:  DataChanged vorm loeschen verschicken, dann bekommt
-        //                     man noch mit, welche Objecte sich im Bereich befinden.
-        //                     Danach koennen sie vor/hinter der Position befinden.
+        // Bug 26675:  DataChanged front Delete ship, you get even with,
+        //                      what objects are in the area.
+        //                      Then before they can/are behind the position.

At least I don't really understand the original German here, but then not the English either;)

--tml