[Libreoffice] pyuno problems

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Apr 1 14:14:07 PDT 2011

Hi Dag,

On 2011-04-01 at 13:42 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:

> I am the author of a tool called unoconv. It's a tool that uses the pyuno
> bindings to allow non-interactive conversions using OpenOffice
> import/export filters.
>
>      http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/unoconv/
>
> I plan to support and track LibreOffice development in the future, but I
> currently am having difficulties using the provided python binary and the
> provided pyuno.so.

Thank you very much for adding LibreOffice support!  Just one note -
LibreOffice can convert between various formats itself from the command
line, see the LibreOffice's -help:

-infilter=<filter>
      Force an input filter type if possible
      Eg. -infilter="Calc Office Open XML"
-convert-to output_file_extension[:output_filter_name] [-outdir
ouput_dir] files
      Batch convert files.
      If -outdir is not specified then current working dir is used as
output_dir.
      Eg. -convert-to pdf *.doc
          -convert-to pdf:writer_pdf_Export -outdir /home/user *.doc

Is there anything missing that unoconv can support?  Would you be
interested in extending this mechanism, so that it has the unoconv
features?  [Eg. we cannot expand wildcards on Windows, if I am not
mistaken.]

Thank you,
Kendy