[Libreoffice] How to disable addon installation

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Sat Apr 2 18:49:18 PDT 2011

Hi Manuel

I second your concern. Extensions are a potentially security hole and it
should be possible to install LibreOffice without the ability to install
extensions. The extension installer, expecially the GUI should be an
option at intall time.

It has been noted here:

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Enterprises_nice-to-have#Extensions_UI_should_be_disableable

If you want no extensions at all (can break something, I have not
tested), you must erase unopkg executables from your installation.

But if you want only to disable the GUI, de-register the proper dll in
the command prompt:

C:\Program Files\LibreOffice.org 3\Basis\program>..\..\URE\bin\regcomp
-revoke -r services.rdb -c
"vnd.sun.star.expand:$OOO_BASE_DIR/program/deploymentguimi.uno.dll"
vnd.sun.star.expand:$OOO_BASE_DIR/program/deploymentguimi.uno.dll
revoke component
'vnd.sun.star.expand:$OOO_BASE_DIR/program/deploymentguimi.uno.
dll' from registry 'services.rdb' succesful!

swoosh!, vanished.

Olivier

Em 02-04-2011 05:41, Manuel Reimer escreveu:
> Manuel Reimer wrote:
>> As it's possible to install an addon by just passing it to the soffice
>> executable, anything, a bad guy has to do, is to deliver a oxt file with
>> the content type "application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text".
>
> Addition to my first post: Seems to be no bug but a feature. In the past
> it pointed out that if it is made to easy to start potentially bad
> stuff, this usually caused security problems.
>
> As this (in my opinion too) simple way of installing addons is even
> documented here:
> http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/resources/user/howto_install
> I don't think that someone will change this.
>
> So can someone please just point me to the setting to disable addon
> installation at all?
>
> Thanks
>
> Yours
>
> Manuel

Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation
Voicing the enterprise needs