[Libreoffice] Helgrind results for LO

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 03:39:00 PDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 20:55 +0100, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> Plan B might be to move our double-locked singletons to all use the
> rtl::Static pattern and.. just use normal local statics (relying on
> gcc default -fthreadsafe-statics to do the right thing, and maybe that
> is sufficient these days anyway and we can micro-optimize the gcc case
> to do away with double-locking there) which would remove those
> warnings from helgrind runs.

gcc guys here locally think that the -fthreadsafe-statics default should
be good enough, so...

a) I've tweaked the rtl::Static template in sal/inc/rtl/instance.hxx to
just use normal local statics instead of the double-lock when building
with gcc.

b) Then ran helgrind and pulled out the simple cases where we have some
extra hand-crafted double-locked local statics and converted them over
to rtl::Static

So, that removes loads of uninteresting warnings, giving the following
attachment of interesting issues.

I've got visibility enabled in my desktop env and so a goodly chunk of
the helgrind warnings are in the gnome a11y stack, something which I've
always some dubious feelings about.

C.