[Libreoffice] file name glob filter (was: Re: Order of filters in the Open dialog)

Kevin Hunter hunteke at earlham.edu
Mon Apr 4 09:52:15 PDT 2011

At 11:59am -0400 Mon, 04 Apr 2011, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 09:39 +0200, Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
>> I'm not sure what we want to do for the "Open" dialog filters... anyone
>> else has an idea what to do?
>
> 	Not worrying about 'open' would be my tip. Almost no-one manually
> selects a filter in the open dialog, they just expect the auto-detection
> to work right, and 99% of the time it might even do that ;-)

In a similar vein, I would love for a "*.EXT" functionality, where I
don't have to click on the filters, but could type in to the location
bar something with a filename glob and it would filter accordingly.
Like, "2010_Taxes*.ods" might filter all but the files that match that
glob pattern.

Is this already implemented and I'm just not aware how to use it?  Or is
there some reason (other than lack of someone coding it) that prevents
this feature?

Thanks,

Kevin