[Libreoffice] ld dynamic linker hash style

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue Apr 5 12:02:48 PDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 02:28:40PM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 05, 2011 at 11:53:55AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > > 	I guess it might be a good idea to default to 'auto' for hash-style,
> > > and compile and link a small test program with that, defaulting to 'gnu'
> > > if that is supported, and no flag if not.
>
> Francois, would you be able to cook up something, please? If it is
> enough to use AC_TRY_RUN, you might find some samples in
> bootstrap/configure.in.

I'm trying, but I can't figure out how to pass the needed --hash-style=gnu
option to the linker :-/

> If you want to require a minimal binutils
> version, you might take inspiration at
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/tree/patches/dev300/link-as-needed.diff

Thanks for the link, but I'm afraid it won't help here. The binutils version
is only important when you want to generate ELF files using the new .gnu.hash
section; it is of no use when you want to check if a particular system can
_run_ them.

Kind Regards,

--
Francois Tigeot