[Libreoffice] EasyHack: Improved bug filing form / flow

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Tue Apr 5 15:05:58 PDT 2011

Hi Samuel, hi Ivan, all!

Am Montag, den 04.04.2011, 22:57 +0100 schrieb Samuel Atkins:
> On 04/04/2011 11:14 AM, Ivan M. wrote:
[...]
> I do have one question though: would the submitted form
> > actually submit a bug report in Bugzilla, or would it get sent to
> > someone for moderation/confirmation?

[...]

> I think the plan was to have it submit directly to bugzilla, but it
> may well be beneficial to have some sort of moderation.

I don't know whether this had been discussed already - but I think
Bugzilla itself may be the tool to do the moderation (unconfirmed -->
confirmed). But then it'll be helpful to identify where the bug came
from ... maybe adding a keyword like "BugFromSimpleBugForm" that enables
filtering? E.g. for letting QA focus on such issues, or even doing some
statistics (e.g. how many of these bugs turned into "duplicates"). Last
year, I've attended a very nice research talk that dealed with Mozilla
bug reports and their reporters.

Just by 2 cents. Thank you both for working on that!

Cheers,
Christoph