[Libreoffice] ld dynamic linker hash style

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed Apr 6 06:59:34 PDT 2011

Francois Tigeot píše v St 06. 04. 2011 v 11:25 +0200:

> > > Francois, would you be able to cook up something, please? If it is
> > > enough to use AC_TRY_RUN, you might find some samples in
> > > bootstrap/configure.in.
>
> Here's a first patch to add a check if the build machine can run
> --hash-style=gnu binaries.
>
> I still have to find a way to link this check to the AC_ARG_WITH section.

It was a good start. I think that it would be confusing to integrate it
to the AC_ARG_WITH section. These sections are usually pretty simple.
All the more complex tests are done later in configure.in.

I have found that there already was a check for --hash-style. So, I used
your draft and itegrated it into the existing test, see
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-4&id=34e8665b5d3544c48086701d9f758ef0b9d900f8

It seems to work here. I hope that it will work for you as well.

Please, do not feel offended that I did not use your patch as is. The
patch was nice but needed more love. I did not want to bother you too
much.

Best Regards,
Petr