[Libreoffice] subsequenttests now run headless

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Apr 7 05:06:55 PDT 2011

Hi Caolán,

On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 12:18:02 +0100
Caolán McNamara <caolanm at redhat.com> wrote:

> a) add a gbuild rule to make a services.rdb from the test_components
> list in e.g. sc/qa/unit roughly the same way as the makefile.mk does
> it
> I have to admit the gmake files have defeated me on "a)", but it
> should be fairly trivial if someone can give me a sample of correctly
> adding a dependency to the cppunittester target to echo hello world
> to a file :-)

Doing something "custom" unfortunately has still way too much
boilerplate in gbuild esp. for small tasks. You can find an example in
tools where:

in Library_tl:

 $(eval $(call gb_Library_add_package_headers,tl,tools_reversemap))

this creates a dependency on the tools_reversemap package.
in Package_reversemap:

 $(eval $(call
 gb_Package_add_customtarget,tools_reversemap,tools/source/reversemap))

says it does a recursive GNU make call in tools/source/reversemap.
The stuff it does itself is in tools/source/reversemap/Makefile which
will be started with the present work dir in

 $(WORKDIR)/CustomTarget/tools/source/reversemap/Makefile

and the dir of the makefile identifiable by:

MYDIR := $(realpath $(dir $(firstword $(MAKEFILE_LIST))))

in the recursive Makefile (the one at tools/source/reversemap/Makefile).

The stuff is part of a package (like header) because you might want to
"deliver" some of the products to the solver (not the case in the
tools example).

Now flame me.

Best Regards,

Bjoern