[Libreoffice] First attempt to build LO3.4

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Apr 19 09:38:18 PDT 2011

Hi Kami,

On Mon, 2011-04-18 at 10:33 +0200, KAMI911 KAMI911 wrote:
> I recently build a new version from libreoffice-3-4. I found that it
> does not not support:
>
> * patches/dev300 infrastructure to patch the source

	Right :-)

> * download infrastructure for additional stuffs

	Oh ? surely we have that with ooo.lst ?

> Are we planning this features for bootstrap repo? Or this only for
> build repo?

	I think the idea is to try to get all of these patches turned into
build conditionals - so we have a single build that auto-adapts to the
underlying system, and has features that can be enabled as required.

	Of course, the flip side of that is - we need things flattening and
conditionalizing, and fixing in the bootstrap (and other) repos - rather
than continuing to pile them up inside 'build'.

	I guess for 3.4 'build' may still be workable, but I'd like to
completely kill it on master (personally).

	Does that make sense ?

	ATB,

		Michael.