[Libreoffice] [ANNOUNCE] libreoffice-3.3.99.2 tag created (3.4.0-beta2)

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Wed Apr 20 09:11:37 PDT 2011

Miklos Vajna píše v St 20. 04. 2011 v 17:00 +0200:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 07:27:51PM +0200, Petr Mladek <pmladek at suse.cz> wrote:
> > The build repo is not tagged. We would like to get rid of it.
>
> Hi Petr,
>
> One question: the old build repo created .txt filelists in the build/
> directory which helped creating subpackages: we could just read
> lang_*_list.txt to split languages and so on. As far as I see the
> boostrap-based build does not generate anything like that.
>
> Is it in fact there, just I'm blind or is it planned to have those
> filelists back in some other way?

Yes, we need to port the support from the build repo. The target is to
get it working with:

make DESTDIR=/var/tmp/lo-packaging install

Hanno, did a fix in this area today, see
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/bootstrap/commit/?h=libreoffice-3-4&id=c612724331a3d66d2ee488d91161a54f4d3576bd

With this fix, and the above call, it should start producing some file
lists into the /var/tmp/lo-packaging directory. They should have names
according to the scp2 module names, e.g. gid_Module_Prg_Base_Bin,
gid_Module_Brand_Prg_Impress, gid_Module_Optional_Javafilter.

We need to port all the hacks from libreoffice/build/bin/package-ooo to
create the expected .txt filelists from the gid_* ones. I guess that we
want the .txt file lists because the have more reasonable grouping.

Any volunteer for this?

Caolan, AFAIK, you create the subpackages another way. I hope that the
above activity does not break you. It should be easy to remove the
generated file lists if you do not like them.

Best Regards,
Petr