[Libreoffice] reviewboard: a solution or just creating new problems?

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 21 16:07:29 PDT 2011

Hi Björn, *,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:

> I just want to bring up an idea of which I am not really sure if it is
> a good one. Currently we have new contributors writing patches to the
> dev-ML and grant them direct repository access later. Commiting
> directly on the master might be quite scary at first, so I wondered if
> something like:
>
>  http://www.reviewboard.org/
>
> might help the migration. [...]

I have been thinking of something similar (and simpler), namely patchwork
http://ozlabs.org/~jk/projects/patchwork/
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/

That doesn't offer a webpage-based comments, etc (everything has to be
done via replies on the mailinglist), it is only meant to keep track
of patches, thus serves a different purpose than a complete review
system...

ciao
Christian