[Libreoffice] Installing beta versions replacing stable versions

Bernhard Dippold bernhard at familie-dippold.at
Fri Apr 22 16:02:58 PDT 2011

Tor Lillqvist schrieb:

Ed Drinkwater wrote:
>> What is that supposed to mean?  It certainly doesn't sound like a
>> coherent, constructive contribution to the issue!
>
> That is because I am basically an incoherent dribbling idiot, la la la, na na splutgh xzbbpfft! Me wants more porridge!

Sometimes it's much better to hit the "delete" button instead of "send".

Parallel installation of daily builds has been discussed a few days ago
(I don't remember the list), where one of the core developers (Björn?)
described that this is not trivial, but an important issue for LibreOffice.

Betas are much more important for our public recognition - but this
might not be seen by some developers.

This list is not dedicated for discussions on missing features:

If there is need for a discussion, the topic should be raised on the
marketing list (I don't think that this is necessary here).

If the task is already clear, just go on to bugzilla.

Ed: Would you please search for a bug report covering this topic - and
if there is none, create one?

I hope a developer could look into the problem to determine, if this
topic would be able to serve as "easy hack", so it might be picked by a
volunteer.

And we need to add a warning to our homepage, that standard installation
will erase the working productive version of LibreOffice (probably
leading to less feedback than we hoped for).

I'll send a mail to our website list...

Best regards

Bernhard