[Libreoffice] new module 'tail_build': a pseudo module to wrap build's tail-end gbuild-converted modules

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 24 13:05:56 PDT 2011

Hi Norbert, *,

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 4:28 AM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> 'binfitler' will quickly get in the way... we will need to either
> gbuildify it, or accept the penalty of having it build last (after
> everything else)

Hmm - wouldn't it be possible to just "gbuildify" it by having the
gbuild run build.pl?

binfilter can nicely be built in parallel to other stuff, can't it?
Being forced to build it last will be quite a penalty.

> the former is quite a lot of work, the later is easy: just add
> tail_build as its dependency. Actually since binfilter is pretty big
> and has a lot of sub-modules

But what about the other gbuild stuff? While binfilter itself might be
able to get 4 CPUs busy, the other modules probably then have to sit
and wait for others.

But of course I have no numbers, so it's just gut feeling.

ciao
Christian