[Libreoffice] module dependencies. a little tools to display them

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 18:59:24 PDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> PS: yeah, I know. I probably re-invented the wheel... kohei's python
> program to generate the nice little dep picture probably could have
> done the work.

Yes, mine already does that.  It has a single module mode that lets
you dump dependency info for individual modules.

> But 1/ I could not find the source,

It's in the build repository, under scratch/build-analysis-tools,
named check-deps.py.

2/ I don't know
> python and learning it would have taken me more time than writing a
> small C-program :-)

It's a bit disappointing.  That will only give you a short-term gain.
We write quite a few tools in python in this project, so there is a
benefit to learning python.  Plus, for tasks such as this, we are much
better off writing tools in scripting languages, either perl or
python.  C is over-kill for stuff like this.

Kohei