[Libreoffice] Installing beta versions replacing stable versions

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Wed Apr 27 15:21:08 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Thorsten Behrens wrote (27-04-11 10:42)

> Thanks Christian, that's the ~sole bit of really useful info in this

Furthermore, with due respect, this thread shows me some other useful
information. Namely that there is a limit to what developers may expect
from users/testers, and in the way they can write to them, without the
risk alienating them.
Don't get me wrong: I am all for explaining users/testers that developer
time is limited and help is appreciated. Also there is no problem with
suggesting users/testers that they might be able to lend a hand, and
that with some pointers from a developer, it might even be not too
difficult.
But pls be careful. If any user/tester for any reason (time, skills,
preference, hair color, ...) writes that he/she does will not give more
help with a specific issue, we can only respect that and be thankful for
the help already given.
More pressure then just light, friendly persuasion, can drive
users/testers from us. And we need them too.

Do we already have a simple text on the website/wiki, that explains the
use of the developer list, and what expectations are?
That might be linked to by devs when needed, thus preventing them to get
bored or 'funny' or wasting time on this. It might be linked in the
footer of this list?
If there isn't any (I can't find it) I'll be glad to write a proposal.

Thanks,
Cor

--
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org