[Libreoffice] Installing beta versions replacing stable versions

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Thu Apr 28 05:43:05 PDT 2011

Hi Tor,

Tor Lillqvist wrote (28-04-11 10:48)
>> But can you tell me that you *really* aren't aware of the OOo-dev
>> builds&  build process? You developed on OOo:
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/DomainDeveloper
>
> Sure, I am/was a "registered domain developer", but I always worked
> in the "ooo-build" a.k.a. "go-oo" build mechanism. Never the
> "upstream" OOo one. And is/was that OOo-dev thing ever used by anyone
> except Hamburg?

Oh yes. It was the primary opportunity for anyone to install snap-shots,
dev builds, betas or however they were called, to test, without having
trouble in special installing actions and/or loosing stable versions.
Many many issues were reported from users/testers working with those. Me
(and others) always promoted working with those dev-builds, cause it was
an easy way to find bugs relatively early, which eases fixing and helps
preventing regressions.

> I have never installed any (what used to be) "upstream" OOo developer
> snapshot.. Trust me, this thread is the first time I hear about
> "OOo-Dev".

Apparently, in all our enthusiasm and work, we did not yet tell each
other enough about our backgrounds and so more.

Regards,
Cor

--
  - http://nl.libreoffice.org