[Libreoffice] ./autogen failed.... on Mac OS X 10.6.6 Please advise me where to get help on this issue...

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 30 14:47:01 PDT 2011

Hi *,

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 11:20 PM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Peter Teeson <peter.teeson at bell.net> wrote:
>
>> Although there are some Google posts suggesting it's deprecated
>> or no longer used.
> It may be deprecated (but then SDK 10.4 is deprecated too ) but it is
> certainly still used. case in point :-)

Using the 10.4 SDK is the only way when you want builds that run on
the baseline of 10.4 - unless you want to drop support for Mac OSX
Tiger, then this is the only way.
There's not enough manpower to support multiple variants for Mac OSX.
If someday Master will not be broken for weeks, I might have a
different view on this, but as it is now (and has been with the last
years of the OOo project), that day will not come that fast.

>> But I am curious as to Why I got this error and if others have had it.
>
> You had it because a dependency was missing, others probably had it
> (me included probably, but I can't remember... I may have had it
> installed already for unrelated reasons) and installed the required
> dependency.

No, it is not a missing thing, When you got XCode, you have all
necessary perl stuff.
It is /additional/ stuff that was installed that breaks stuff.

> Hope you get running soon. It would be nice to have a Mac Dev take a
> look at having libreoffice not depend on SDK 10.4 anymore :-)

See above, that surely will not come. If we drop the 10.4 sdk, people
will start using 10.5/6 stuff without noticing on their system, thus
breaking 10.4. And when 10.4 users complain, those people who added
the incompatibility are no longer in the mood for rewriting that same
piece of code again just to support that old system.
People are breaking master on linux and others without fixing it
quickly, so I will always oppose to dropping the 10.4 requirement. (as
it happens that I only have 10.4 on my system)

ciao
Christian