[Libreoffice] What is oosplash.bin ?

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbf.faure at orange.fr
Sat Apr 30 15:21:04 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I have installed LibO 3.4.0 beta-3 on Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64.
After several minutes of inactivity, the process
/opt/libreoffice/program/oosplash.bin take 100% CPU. I can kill it and
continue to work with LibO.

About my installation :
- I did not install the debian-menus package for not having problem with
the production version 3.3.2.
- LibO 3.4.0 beta-3 is launched by this command line (in a shell script) :
/opt/libreoffice/program/soffice -env:UserInstallation=${MY_CONF} "$@"
where MY_CONF is a directory different from ~/.libreoffice/3/

What is this oosplash.bin ? The splash-screen ? Should'nt be closed
after the startup of LibO ?

Best regards
JBF