[Libreoffice] LO-3.4.2 SUSE build testing

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Fri Aug 5 06:06:38 PDT 2011

Hi Yi Fan,

the first LO-3.4.2 package for SLED11-SP1, openSUSE-11.1, 11.2, 11.3,
and 11.4 are available at
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/LibreOffice:/Unstable/

I hope that the packages for Factory will be ready later today.

Note that the repositories include also many obsolete LO-3.3.3.1
packages. I am unable to remove them until I commit the new packages
into Factory.

Anyway, I sync the new 3.4.2 packages to
jamie at 147.2.207.136:~/ooo-test-repo/3.4.2-suse1

List of changes:
================

The packages are based on LO-3.4.2.3 (3.4.2-final) sources. Plus there
are the following changes:

Tue Aug  2 19:28:25 UTC 2011 - pmladek at novell.com

- fixed KDE stuff build with -Wl,--as-needed
- added mono support and subpackage
- disabled mono in openSUSE > 11.4 (bnc#653662)
- obsoleted OpenOffice_org-Quickstarter; did not work with LO
- added README for empty KDE4 package on openSUSE-11.4

Mon Aug  1 10:51:49 UTC 2011 - pmladek at novell.com

- really created officebean subpackage

Fri Jul 29 15:02:22 UTC 2011 - pmladek at novell.com

- enabled kde and kde4 again
- fixed build with -Wl,--as-needed that is used by default on recent
  openSUSE distros
- added old common configure also flags for newer openSUSE releases

Wed Jul 27 15:10:40 UTC 2011 - pmladek at novell.com

- started building most of the stuff from the main source package again;
  split build had not longer be supported with LO-3.4 sources; the
  sources even would not be split in the future:
    * obsoleted packages: <piece>-devel, <piece>-l10n-prebuilt,
        bootstrap, components, filters, l10n-extras, libs-core,
        libs-extren, libs-gui, testing, ure
    * moved subpackages: base, calc, draw, math, impress, writer,
        base-drivers-postgresql, filters-optional, mailmerge, mono,
        pyuno, testtool, gnome, kde, sdk, sdk-doc, officebean,
        base-extensions, base-drivers-mysql, calc-extensions,
        draw-extensions, impress-extensions, writer-extensions
    * moved helper subpackages (used to produce noarch packages):
      icon-themes-prebuilt, l10n-prebuilt
- temporary used empty mono and postgresql subpackages; stuff needed
porting
  for LO-3.4
- stopped using helper scripts and patches from the build repo
- started using desktop integration stuff from the plain sources

Notes for testing:
==================

Do the testing on SLED11. Ignore openSUSE. It will be tested by the
community.

The split build is not longer supported. So, some packages are not
longer provided, e.g. -libs-core, -libs-gui, -ure.

Also we do not longer use the helper scripts and patches from the
"build" repo. We use the desktop files, icons and other desktop
integration related stuff from the plain build. So, some thinks might
work slightly different. Some things might be missing by mistake...

Please, concentrate on the following areas:

	+ update from LO-3.3.1 and OOo
	+ dependency between packages; let me know if you are unsure how
          to check this, what package should be optional, ...
	+ desktop integration: wrappers, bash completion, manual pages,
          desktop menu entries, MIME type association, ... Please, make
          sure that everything work and that there are no big changes
          against LO-3.3. We do not want to confuse users.
	+ dependency on the system stuff: java, python
	+ mail merge
	+ GNOME address book
	+ extensions are the same and still works
	+ other test cases according to your test plan

Known problems:

	+ mono does not work; Noel is working on it
	+ base-drivers-postgresql does not provide any extension (just
          README); I still need to integrate it
	+ openclipart is not available in BS; it requires full rebuild;
          I will provide on at ooo-test-repo/3.4.2-suse1
	+ can't find templates from libreoffice-templates-* packages;
          I still have to apply a patch from the "build" repo
	+ Novell color palette is missing; need to apply the patch
	+ gcj is not disabled; need to apply the patch
	+ odf-converter plugin does not work; need to apply the patch

Best Regards,
Petr