[Libreoffice] build error in tail_build

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 05:36:46 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 6:43 AM, Cor Nouws <oolst at nouenoff.nl> wrote:
> Norbert Thiebaud wrote (09-08-11 12:42)
>
>> So you are still pulling 'master' from last friday... since the master
>> you pulled is froozen read-only in bootstrap,artwork,base,calc,
>> etc....
>
> Hmm :-(
>
>> what made you think that 'it was not needed for you' ?
>
> Combination of various, such as:
> - lack of experience
> - Only pointer I found on
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/One_Git_Conversion was the
>   "  onegit.sh, found in contrib/dev-tools "
> which I did not have

ohh! I see. No, you were not supposed to run that script :-)

The page above, describe the process used to convert/consolidate the
repositories. the result is that bootstrap is now replaced by core and
the only repository left
are core, binfilter, help, dictionaries and translations.

so, all you need to do is

git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core

to clone the brand new 'core' repo
and then autogen/make as usual in that core repository.
make will clone any other repository if needed (it will always clone
help, and dictionaries, binfilter and translations will be cloned
depending on autogen options)

any patch you had pending in your previous repositories, need to be
re-applied in the new one. (no, fetch/merge between the two are not
possible, since they share no common ancestor)

Note that the new repo had all the tab/spaces anomalies cleaned-up, so
when re-applying patches you may have issues.

git apply has options to mitigate these issues ( --withespace=fix ,
--ignore-whitespaces I strongly suggest reading man git-apply for
theses)

Norbert

PS: as a reminder this apply only to master and future release branch
out of master (3.5 and after). the 3.3.x and 3.4.x maintenance remain
on the old repositories, and will remain there.