[Libreoffice] cppu::OPropertySetHelper ABI backwards compatibility

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.com
Mon Aug 22 13:02:26 PDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 15:42 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 18:18 +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> > If people agree that this would be the way to go, I'll prepare a patch
> > that does that; I'm also looking for a better class name than
> > OPropertySetHelperFireEventOption :)
>
> Let's just call it OPropertySethelper2.  We may still change its API
> later on, so I don't want us to use any name that may bind us to a only
> certain set of functionalities.

Actually we may want to move this class to comphelper to avoid
accidentally providing API guarantee.  It appears that those in the cppu
namespace may provide API guarantee for the extensions.  It's better to
avoid putting stuff into cppu namespace altogether.

Any objections or alternate solutions?

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc