[Libreoffice] concept for c++ based subsequenttests

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Fri Dec 2 04:24:17 PST 2011

On 12/02/2011 12:59 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	IMHO it is not much effort to fold that remote-control-ness into a few
> lines of code inside soffice.bin itself that we could run with a test
> parameter, and rid ourselves of the separate remote-control process and
> make things easier to debug (modulo the basic mess ;-) at the same time.

Not sure whether that would buy us that much.  You need a controlling
process to start soffice and wait for its termination, anyway (and be
that the shell spawned for a make recipe line).  Then, whether the "test
setup" commands are executed from within soffice.bin or triggered from
the controlling process doesn't make that much of a difference for
debugging the actual test code, IMO.

Stephan