[Libreoffice] Expending LO Math capabilities

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Dec 7 08:11:40 PST 2011

Hi Nir,

On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 10:40 -0800, Nir Kristal wrote:
> I've asked the same question in the users mailing list but didn't
> receive an answer, maybe you could help more.

	:-)

> I'm looking for a way to customize Math. I would like to make
> predefined symbols (somthing like %dVol => dxdydz or %eye{3} => 3x3
> identity matrix).

	Sounds fun. I wonder if it is generally useful, then (probably) the
easiest way would be to get this into the core - Olivier made a patch
recently that did some of this work too, which you can see here:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=cfc84011b3fb609ac78f35666d9aecda4ca34678

	Hopefully that's a good template to follow to expand the functionality
there. Luckily starmath is quite hack-able.

> are there any accessible files to edit to achieve this? Or some other
> way maybe? If not, adding the option to create this kind of macros
> would by great.

	I'd suggest building on Olivier's work and re-targetting it to what you
want to achieve. Failing that - just reading the code in starmath - it's
quite nice and self-contained would be worthwhile.

	All the best,

		Michael.