[Libreoffice] postresql-sdbc bits out of minutes of tech. steering call

Alex Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 14:03:08 PST 2011

Le 08/12/2011 21:04, Norbert Thiebaud a écrit :

Hi Norbert,

> As a follow-up:
>
> the connector can now be built on MacOSX using system postgresql.
> (fixed a couple of WaE.. nothing serious)

What was the size of your Mac OSX pg connector ?
Did you actually test it ?

Mine turned out to be 300kb, whereas on Linux it is 2.2Mb. Rather
unsurprisingly, although the extension can be registered, it did not
work (whereas on Linux it does).

When I tried to connect to a running pg instance, I got the error message :

The driver could not be loaded (in French). For some reason, the OXT
seems to be missing a chunk of what it needs. Will investigate more
tomorrow.

Alex