[Libreoffice] gbuild'ified salhelper

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Dec 15 14:04:56 PST 2011

On 15/12/11 12:24, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=a4312af08cbd8c69ba4bead9608f3bf549caf7a0>
> converts salhelper to gbuild directly on master (rather than on
> feature/gbuild branch, should help us find out faster if it breaks on
> some platform).  Technically its the earliest feature/gbuild-changeset
> cherry-picked, plus additional modifications to keep salhelper backwards
> compatible.  See the commit message for details.
>
> I tried this on Linux and Mac OS X, and I *think* it should not break
> anything on Windows (fingers crossed).  At least on Mac, the resulting
> salhelper library is substantially larger than the old dmake-based one,
> I'm investigating that.
>
> Björn, Michael, some of those changes are rather bad hacks, maybe one of
> you can add some gbuild magic to improve them to something acceptable.

done, see newly added gb_Library_set_soversion_script

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=039cdb19e69b59b95609025c2d23cdb84f5c73c0

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=f3b7bfcef472ed31b341c008793d96ed2bafae4b

i'm currently wondering why the mac os tinderbox does not like the gcc3
version script...