[Libreoffice] [REVIEW] [Fwd: Fwd: gcc 4.6.2]

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 01:30:31 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 10:13 +0100, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Hi Rafael,
>
> fixes for 3.4.5-rc2 need triple review, so I forward this mail to the
> mailing list.

We've seen this problem recently with our rawhide gcc as well and 3.4.X,
though 3.5.X doesn't seem to have the problem (though whether that
because 3.5.X has the problem fixed, or a new update to gcc materialized
coincidentally) To me it looks as if the compiler generates
operator=(foo&) instead of operator=(const foo&) and I'd lazily
dismissed it as a bug in a development gcc which would be fixed soon :-)

It'd be great if someone who has the problem in 3.4.X can see if 3.5.X
compiles without error with the same compiler, like now appears to be
the case in the fedora rawhide build system.

Un-enthused by casting const away willy-nilly and/or writing error-prone
manual operator= to get it to compile if we've already got the fix for
it in 3.5.X, but just don't know what that fix was :-)

C.