[Libreoffice] Remove old Word 6.0/95 "save as" support

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 04:28:23 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 06:30 +0100, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:

> > So, Does anyone still need to save in an extremely old version of Word
> > or Excel?   Or can we get rid of it?
> I agree : for very old closed formats, LibO should have only import filters.

Removing save support for MSWord 6/'95 disturbs me somewhat, being able
to save as that old .doc format is handy for me to perturb MSOffice to
flush out problems in those binary formats. Maybe I'm just emotionally
attached to it to see it removed.

I take the point about people saving as 6/95 because they want a
"something that will definitely work in MSOffice", what about just
rearranging the save format list so that it appears way down at the
bottom or something.

C.