[Libreoffice] Need help with compile error. Was: How do I update my download?

Ron House rhouse at smartchat.net.au
Thu Feb 3 02:35:36 PST 2011

Summary so far: I have been trying to update a download from head (not
sure what it is called) to version 3.3.0. I have done, with thanks to
Norbert for his assistance:

git-fetch
git-checkout -b libreoffice-3-3-0 origin/libreoffice-3-3-0
./autogen.sh --with-num-cpus=2 --disable-mozilla
make 2>&1 | tee build.log

All goes well until 38666 lines of output through the build, when this
happens:

-------------

=============
Building module instsetoo_native
=============

Entering
/home/house/work/libreoffice1/libo/instsetoo_native/inc_openoffice/unix

Entering
/home/house/work/libreoffice1/libo/instsetoo_native/inc_openoffice/windows/msi_languages

Entering /home/house/work/libreoffice1/libo/instsetoo_native/util

dmake:  makefile.mk:  line 218:  Warning: -- Prior to dmake 4.5 only one
%-target per target-definition worked reliably. Check your makefiles.

cp -f
/home/house/work/libreoffice1/libo/solver/330/unxlngi6.pro/pck/brand/intro.zip
../unxlngi6.pro/bin/intro.zip
cp -f
/home/house/work/libreoffice1/libo/solver/330/unxlngi6.pro/pck/brand_dev/intro.zip
../unxlngi6.pro/bin/dev/intro.zip
dmake:  Error: -- `../unxlngi6.pro/bin/pythonscript.py' not found, and
can't be made

         Oh dear - something failed during the build - sorry !
   For more help with debugging build errors, please see the section in:
             http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development

   internal build errors:

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/home/house/work/libreoffice1/libo/instsetoo_native/util

  it seems that the error is inside 'instsetoo_native', please re-run build
  inside this module to isolate the error and/or test your fix:

/bin/bash
cd /home/house/work/libreoffice1/libo
source ./LinuxX86Env.Set.sh
cd instsetoo_native
build

when the problem is isolated and fixed exit and re-run 'make' from the
top-level
sometimes (sadly) it is necessary to rm -Rf unxlngi6.pro in a module.
make: *** [all] Error 1

Noting the mention of dmake, I checked the version. My dmake reports its
version as 4.12, so it doesn't seem that is the problem.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted.
Ron

--
Ron House