[Libreoffice] Breaking in hunspell (Re: Missing vcl resource. This indicates that files vital to localization are missing. You might have a corrupt installation.)

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Feb 3 04:20:26 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 14:49 -0800, David Dumaresq wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting a failure in hunspell
>

> hunspell.cxx:502: error: 'gettext' was not declared in this scope

This is probably because gettext development headers/libraries aren't
installed. We probably shouldn't need them for the libhunspell and basic
command line testing tool that we build, so...

can you try and add --disable-nls to
CONFIGURE_FLAGS in libo/hunspell/makefile.mk
i.e. search for "--disable-shared" and put --disable-nls at the end of
that line.

C.