[Libreoffice] Recording changes: Deleted lines 'misbehaving'.

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Feb 3 08:48:09 PST 2011

Hi Andy,

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 22:59 +0000, Andy Hearn wrote:
> Here's another issue affecting collaborative authors.

	Nice catch :-)

> (FWIW:  I'm on master branch, pulled today, around 1900GMT)

	Glad you're up-to-speed.

> 1.  New odt.  Fill a page of text, say four or five paragraphs.

	Sounds like this needs turning into a unit test; any chance you could
start with that ? the whole redlining world is in desparate need of deep
torture testing :-)

	I would hack at:

	sw/qa/core/swdoc-test.cpp

	Where you should have a near full Writer instance run headless as a
unit test, and replicate what the key-entries are doing (I suppose)
programatically (manipulating the document). Interestingly, if you are
showing the red-lining (with strikethrough) I would expect things to be
more reliable ;-) when it is not shown, per-key-stroke (or so) we
re-insert all the red-lining, add the keystroke, then remove all the
red-lining from the model [ this is not wonderful for performance, as
perhaps you can imagine ;-]. Anyhow, I would dig into:

	sw/inc/redline.hxx

	and its uses around the place (the feature is called 'redlining')
traditionally.

> Also, loading a .doc with recorded changes on MSWord shows same
> behaviour for deleted text.  Inserted text appear to be unaffected.

	Great.

> Is anyone already aware of this, or is working on/with Recording
> Changes?   If not, then I want to dive in.

	It would be just great to have you working on it, and its all yours :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.