[Libreoffice] template "missing"

Arno Teigseth arnotixe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 23:10:13 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 07:44 +0100, David Tardon wrote:
> ... exists yet, it just points to a nonexistent file. LibO sees the
> (symlink) file, so it doesn't allow to import a template with the same
> name, but it cannot open it as a template, so it doesn't list it in the
> dialog. Elementary, my dear Watson.
Yes well it wasn't my meaning to complain on that, that part's quite
logic.

What I wondered was if it would be a Good Idea or a Bad Idea to be able
to just import a template overwriting an existing one with the same
name, instead of having to do the double operation of 1) deleting the
old template 2) importing the new template?

OK, maybe warning the user first? I just think it's a bit cumbersome
having to delete it manually before allowing the import...

> Well, it was you who decided to circumvent the template management
> system, so it is your problem to ensure it is in consistent state...
hehe it is.

best
Arno