[Libreoffice] git submodule

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Mon Feb 7 09:10:09 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 09:38:14AM -0600, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> How about having a after-push git-hook in the master branch in our
> git.fdi/git/libreoffice/* git repos that generate the list of
> HEAD-sha1
> that was you should be able to almost-completely bisect.
> sure in some cases the fact that 2 commit in two git are
> interdependent would throw off the bisection. but that is not that
> common.

You mean when g commit && g push creates / pushes multiple commits?

For example when you rename a function in a repo and fix the build in 3
other ones.

It would be really nice not to try to test the 3 ones where the build
will obviously fail (and the tinbuild approach provides this). OTOH of
course that's possible - provided that those hooks still push the state
to a githeads.git?

> Another problem would be merge of feature branches, which would be
> counted as just one bisect step for the whole branch.... (but that is
> true even with the tinderbuild based solution)

Sure - I don't have an idea either how to not count a merge as a single
step with split repos.