[Libreoffice] How to make cell with list data validation, a combo box

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Tue Feb 8 12:33:52 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 19:46 +0530, Kishan Bhat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to make a combobox for a cell with Data Validation >
> List for LibreOffice calc.
>
> I thought I could add that in the source and try out - so I downloaded
> LO source and started greping for text, all thanks to the excellant LO
> page to do so and the LibreOffice IRC channel.
>
> Now, for days I've been grepping the source for texts that I could
> think of, with no success. I open loads of *.cxx file and I'm not able
> to make out where this code lies.
>
> Can anyone help me with a better approach to find this piece of code
> that shows selection list for a cell with "List" data validity?

So, we had a little chat on IRC, and hopefully I gave you a good
pointer.

ScGridWindow::DoAutoFilterMenue (with an 'e') is the one that launches
the popup, both for autofilter and data selection.  The parent call to
this is ScTabView::StartDataSelect(), which I recently modified to fix a
bug wrt autofilter popup launch via key-binding event.

FYI, I have plan to brush up the autofilter popup in not-so-distant
future, to re-use the popup window I developed for datapilot, to allow
multi-string selection and other extra filtering options.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc
<kyoshida at novell.com>