[Libreoffice] Fwd: [tdf-discuss] Problem with linking external sheets in CALC

Kohei Yoshida kyoshida at novell.com
Tue Feb 8 20:30:10 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 23:16 -0500, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 20:19 +0700, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
> > Hi OP and Kohei-san,
> >
> > FYI, consider this as a nasty hack or a bug?
>
> Well, if the sheet name of an external document changes, of course it
> will break links.  Nothing we can do about that.
>
> > Is there any faster way how to update these broken links?
>
> Perhaps you could try search and replace and replace the sheet name
> globally.  After that (or even before the search & replace) you can
> delete the old linkage from the Edit - Links... dialog.  The new link
> gets established as soon as the first cell gets fetched from the
> external doc.

Ah wait.  That's a wrong suggestion.  Try updating the link in the Links
dialog instead of removing it.  Removing the link probably causes all
the associated formulas to become values.

So, first do the search and replace of the sheet names, then update the
link.  That *might* work.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc