[Libreoffice] LibreOffice is free of STLport

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Thu Feb 10 01:28:05 PST 2011

Hi Fridrich,

On Thu, 2011-02-10 at 08:44 +0100, Fridrich Strba wrote:
> The hash_map, hash_multimap, hash_set and hash_multiset are remplaced by
> boost::unordered_map, boost::unordered_multimap, boost::unordered_set
> and boost::unordered_multiset. As well, the std::hash is replaced by
> boost::hash. So, if your code contains any of them, please adapt it.
> Note that the data_type member from the hash_* containers should be
> replaced by mapped_type member from the boost types.

	Great; now we just need to run a few times under memprof to see if we
have accidentally introduced some unexpected staggering memory wasteage
such as stlport was at least known to produce in some corner cases, and
(no doubt) boost could do in other ways.

	Having said that - the stlport implementation of eg. hash map iterators
was incredibly sad: re-hashing the majority of entries in the map as you
iterated [ amazing but true ], hopefully boost is less uber-lame and
(thus) faster at least to iterate; I'm just a tad concerned about its
memory usage [ pwrt. cross platform differences there ].

	Anyhow - overall a positive move no doubt.

	Thanks,

		Michael.