[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-commits] .: 2 commits - g

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 17:29:33 PST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> Hi Norbert,
>
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:06:00 -0600
> Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I wonder, what's wrong with setting up ~/.ssh/config properly so that
>> you don't need to put a user in the .git/config ?
>> i.e:
>>
>> Host *.freedesktop.org
>> User <user_name>
>> IdentityFile <path_to_your_private_key>
>
> Most newcomers will have an anongit url and thus can not push to it.
> But pulling via ssh is expensive and can be avoided by Thorstens
> solution.

I think there is a confusion. I use pushurl in my config and encourage
its use, I actually patched ./g to support @REPO@ for that very
purpose: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2010-October/001348.html

I'm just saying that there is no need to add username@ at all in the
git config, _even_ for the pushurl entry.
and --set-push-user is misleading, what it really does is 'set the
pushurl of the 'origin' source to a ssh access to the 'canonical' git
repos, adding a probably not needed(1) user in front of it'

But, since it does not otherwise hinder any other functions of ./g, I
really don't mind that much :-)

Norbert

(1) If you did not setup your .ssh/config properly, the only way it
would work is if you used as your default ssh key the one used for
freedesktop.org, which is really not a good idea.