[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-commits] .: Branch 'libreoffice-3-3' - starmath/source

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Feb 11 02:15:38 PST 2011

Hi Kevin,

On 2011-02-10 at 13:12 -0500, Kevin Hunter wrote:

> >      Fix for bugs 32759 and 32755 on freedesktop bugzilla
>
> Do we have guidelines for commit messages?  I ask because I think it
> would be helpful to include just a smidgen more information in them than
> a reference to various bugzillas.  (To be clear, it's not just you/r
> messages, but you're the person I feel comfortable asking.)

My favorite form of the first line is:

area: Fixed this in that and the other thing, fdo#12345.

'Area' gives the overview what is it about, most notably when the
commits are part of some bigger picture; in my case I use that for the
wikihelp, like:

wikihelp: Improve check for existence of the localized help, fdo#33258.

Would be great if it become more widely used, but OTOH I think we are
still not in a situation to force that by a hook, or something.

Regards,
Kendy